I just found THIS AMAZING WEBSITE called Trans Birth. It is “a directory created to connect trans and gender non-conforming people and their families to midwives, OBGYNs, and doulas who provide welcoming care to our communities.”
WHHHAAATTTT??? I’m sending them a blurb as we speak so that I can be listed on their directory.
Providers - sign up!! It’s quick and easy. Let’s make hey an awesome resource for trans people!!
hey I’m a trans doula I need to sign up for this
Hair tips bc my irl friends always say my hair always looks great:
- -Wash your scalp and roots, work the rest down the body of your hair. Because the body of your hair unlike your roots isnt exposed to as much of your body oils so when you shampoo you are stripping away that oil that it has.
- -On the same note condition ends and body then the scalp with whats left over
- -A little oil is ok dont be scared of coconut oil or vitamin e oil
- -Use a moisturizer fitting for ur hair weight. I have moderately thick hair so i use a medium weight one. Thin hair, use a light one. If you’ve got curly hair even if your hair is thin you can use a heavier weight, bc moisturizer doesnt move down on curly hair the way it does on straighter hair.
- -French braids or cornrows can give hair volume the next morning if you sleep on them.
- -ARGON OIL (hair gels, shampoos, conditioner etc)
- - If you truly want healthy hair never use heat (i dont ever if i can help it) but if you do use a protectant and use a lower heat setting.
- -I dont use brushes in my hair i just use a wide tooth comb and comb from the ends up.
- -Be gentle
- -If u go to the beach some vitamin 3 oil after u shampoo away the sand in damp hair helps. salt water strips ur hair of oils. i usually spend like… 3 hours plus at the beach when i go tho.
- -Scalp massages when you shower is good
- -Shampoo every 3 days
- -Shampoo with warm water and rinse with cold. This esp helps me bc I have a sensitive scalp that gets eczema sometimes with too much heat.
- - Sleep well, drink water, take vitamins. Stress can lead to hair loss. My entire hair routine is like this mainly because my hair used to drop like crazy
- [EDIT BC I FORGOT THIS] USE A KERATIN HAIR MASK ONCE A WEEK. ITS WHAT BOOSTED MY HAIR TO BEING THICK AGAIN. I ALSO USE THIS SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER SET WHICH HAD KERATIN IN IT AND IT GIVES A LOT OF VOLUME
Dark Ages, Schmark Ages. The De-Textbook cuts through that and so much more fake-fact bullshit.
cloudy with a chance of witch burning
your periodic reminder that a good chunk of Europe basically shat the bed for a few centuries while everyone else kinda did their thing.
I am sorry I’m going to be that person.
This map is extremely inaccurate.
1) China was not going through business as usual China was going through the TANG DYNASTY i.e. the Golden Age of Chinese culture, which would lay down legal and social and poetic norms for the rest of Chinese history. The Tang is so influential that a lot of languages call Chinese people 唐人 (People from Tang.) (We call Chinese people “people from Qin” so.)
2) Japan is _first becoming literate_ during this time period (due to the influence of the Tang they adopt Chinese script), which is a BFD for poetry, religion, politics, society. Japanese court culture develops, which near the end of this period (11th century, around the time Europe enters “high middle ages”) will produce The Tale of Genji (by a totally awesome woman named Murasaki),widely regarded as the world’s first novel because of it’s deft use of irony and social commentary.
3) The southern part of Korea is experiencing the emergence of Unified Silla, a state that will last the entire period and will see the importation of Chinese and Indian buddhism, the construction of the first Confucian college in Korea, and so on.
4) In Mesoamerica, the Mayans are inventing astronomy, writing (the third and final independent invention of writing in human history), and a whole crapload of other stuff. This is the triumph of their culture.
5) The Umayyads in Spain are a massive center of technology, learning, and (comparative) religious toleration.
6) The Eastern Roman Empire, which spans both the green and yellow portions of your map, isn’t doing too badly either, bouncing back after losing territory to the Caliphate.
7) The Polynesians are colonizing the ENTIRE PACIFIC using amazing advanced navigation technology not rivaled until the INVENTION OF GPS.
8) I am not equipped to talk about Sub-Saharan Africa in detail (cue rant about how we never learn about subsaharan africa in the western educational system) but you can bet there are some major, amazing developments going on there too. I’d be shocked if there weren’t.
9) HOLY SHIT INDIA.
11) THEY WEREN’T BURNING WITCHES IN EUROPE DURING THE MIGRATION PERIOD (dark ages). Witch burning took off in the EARLY MODERN PERIOD, nearly 1000 years after this. Europe was going through some tough shit, which would leave them backwards compared to the rest of the world for 1000 years, but also there were some amazing things happening there, at least have the decency to be like “angry dudes with swords stabbing people” not WITCH BURNINGS FFS.
12) And ABSOLUTELY Islamic Caliphate was a totally amazing flowering of intellectual, artistic, and spiritual culture, a mixing pot between a thousand cultures and languages, and totally amazing. Don’t in any way want to diminish that in any way.
PLEASE ALWAYS BE THAT PERSON
If the secretary of state doesn’t find out what happened to those applications, he’ll have to answer to a judge.
It’s one thing to misplace your keys, your wallet, a receipt from Macy’s or your favorite pen, but Georgia’s secretary of state cannot account for approximately 40,000 voter-registration applications that, if processed, would enfranchise predominantly black and Hispanic Georgians.
According to an Al-Jazeera report, it’s a sentiment that the staffers at Third Sector Development are expressing. The nonprofit organization was on a mission to register as many black and Hispanic people in the state of Georgia as possible so that voter turnout for the upcoming midterm elections in November would be high. And they were successful at it, until they received word that about half of the applications they submitted for processing have gone missing in action.
“Over the last few months, the group submitted some 80,000 voter-registration forms to the Georgia secretary of state’s office—but as of last week, about half those new registrants, more than 40,000 Georgians, were still not listed on preliminary voter rolls. And there is no public record of those 40,000-plus applications, according to state Rep. Stacey Adams, a Democrat,” Al-Jazeera explained.
Georgia Secretary of State Brain Kemp explained that his office is not doing anything differently from how it usually processes applications. But some people aren’t buying his story, seeing as how he’s a Republican, and black and Hispanic people tend to vote for Democrats.
Georgia Republicans have been raising eyebrows for some time now with regard to early voting and voter-ID issues. One state Republican didn’t like how black and Hispanic voters had easy access to early-voting opportunities.
The “Republican whip of the state Senate complained that DeKalb County, Ga., was making it too easy for minorities to vote by allowing early voting in an area mall close to many predominantly African-American churches,” Think Progress reports.
Third Sector Development is not taking lightly the news that no one knows what became of its hard work to get people to register to vote. The group is going to court so that a judge can look into it.
“To that end, Third Sector Development announced yesterday that, after weeks of fruitless negotiations with the state, they were going to court to find out the status of the missing registrations—or, more to the point, the eligibility of more than 40,000 potential voters,” Al-Jazeera reports.
Woooow. You see how they do??
ELECTION OBSERVERS FOR THE UNITED STATES PLEASE.
I don’t think people give Flash enough credit.…………….my goodness
He didn’t just rebuild an apartment building.
HE FUCKING LEARNED HOW TO BUILD AN APARTMENT BUILDING. HE DID FUCKING RESEARCH. IT TAKES SEVERAL GODDAMN YEARS TO LEARN ALL THE ENGINEERING AND LEGAL CONSTRAINTS OF BUILDING A FUCKING BUILDING AND JUST DID IT.
This is one of my favorite flash comics. It really highlights how the flash doesn’t just run really fast, but can do absolutely astounding things. I remember reading this for the first time and having my head explode.
Flash is actually really freaking awesome.
to quote Hal Jordan: “the fastest man alive was always late because he stopped to befriend the people he saved”
Barry Allen is a sweetheart
Tommy Wiseau in Berserk
wow jackie you shouldn’t have
*white person on anon voice* so how can you say that white people can’t experience racism if i was beaten to death every day in school by my black classmates for being the ONLY white person at my school? and before you ask, YES i am black…